The history of the stained glass at St Michael's.
Click on the photos to enlarge.
The Crucifixion with the Virgin Mary and St John
This is the oldest stained glass window of St Michael's Church, depicting the Virgin Mary and St John on each side of Christ on the Crucifix, with each of their symbols shown below them. It was given in 1913, in memory of the Reverend John Harries Davies of Ciliau Aeron, by his nephew John Bowen Davies, and it resides over the altar, on the east wall of the Church.
The Ascencion of Christ is depicted on the south wall of the church, in a stained glass window by Gabriel Loire, by whom it it signed and dated to 1995. It was the first stained glass window in Wales by Loire, a French artist whose stained glass is in over 29 countries, and who was 90 years old when this stained glass window was created. It was given by the Reverend Evan Tudor Thomas, in memory of his parents, Thomas and Margaret Thomas, and his aunt Elizabeth Thomas, and sits near the pew of the Thomas family.
Christ the Good Shepherd
On the north wall is the most recent stained glass window, depicting Christ as the Good Shepherd surrounded by his flock, given in memory of Mrs Margaret Ann Griffiths and her son Canon Evan David Griffiths in 2003. It was designed by Colwyn Morris and created by Glantawe Studios.
More information can be found on this website http://stainedglass.llgc.org.uk/site/449.